Sunday, September 1, 2013

Corn Chip Sloppy Joes

Ok, this isn't particularly hard to figure out I know....

When I make sloppy joes for the family, they all use buns and I use a bed of either Fritos or Tostito's chips depending on what I have on hand.  Sprinkle some green onion on top and it is pretty tasty.  I know it's not the same satisfaction as a large mushy sandwich, but then it is one normal meal I don't have to adjust for anyone but me.

The Goods: For the sloppy joe meat:
1 lb ground beef
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 small can tomato sauce (I never use the full can, even the half size can)
BBQ sauce of choice 

What to do:
Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic over med-high heat until the meat is done.  Drain the grease out, then coat with BBQ (to get wet) and some tomato sauce.   Stir thoroughly and keep on low heat.  Depending on how you like your sauce, add more/less of the BBQ and tomato sauce.

The family gets it in buns and I pour it over some Fritos corn chips and add some green onion on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment