Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Introduction

Hello and welcome! Let me start by saying I am not a nutritionist, a chef or even an expert. I found out in the last year that I am allergic to dairy and gluten. Gluten is a much smaller reaction for me, almost more of an intolerance. Once in a while gluten sneaks it's way into my diet in the form of soy sauce or a special treat I just can't give up. After spending more than 20 years of cooking with pasta, cheese, cream and breads,I have really had to re-adjust. As a child of the 70's and 80's, in Minnesota, I grew up with pastas, casseroles, and heavier food. At first I went straight to salads as I was completely overwhelmed. Now I am finding new recipes and, using my own, and modifying others to meet my dietary needs. I hope you find something useful here,and I look forward to learning more as I go. When I can find a source to a recipe or an author (?) I will definitely give them their credit. Whether you have dietary restrictions or are limiting intake for weight loss I hope you find something useful. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment